Wednesday, July 27, 2011

But won't look like they are for boys?

I took a couple of pairs of Tyler's old cargo shorts and cut them up to turn them into skirts for the girls. Originally I had left the pockets on the skirts but it made them look too heavy so I carefully removed them and turned them into little matching handbags. I also sanded the fabric to give it a little more of a worn look to match where I cut off the pockets. I love how you can still see where the pockets were. Brooklyn was a little concerned at first that everyone would tease her for wearing something that was for a boy. I pointed out that boys don't usually wear skirts and no one will know that they were boys shorts to begin with unless she tells them. Crazy things she worries about. Tell me what you think of these...









2 comments:

Unknown said...

i think they are GREAT...love the little purses!

Mindi said...

Wow, I am impressed Sandi! Very cute. Love the handbags!