Tuesday, September 10, 2013

It's like a slap in the face!








These are just a few of the sentiments that we yell at each other as we are leaving the house or getting out of the car. It is always a competition to see who can be the loudest. The best is when I am in the drop-off line at school and I yell (and I do mean yell) as they are walking up to the school, "Return With Honor!" The kids just love that one...especially my high school kids. Although, now that they drive themselves everywhere, I don't get to do this to them as often and that makes me sad.

Today as I am getting ready to walk out the door for work, Sierra is telling me to return with honor, etc...when Brooklyn yells down the stairs, 

"If you don't use the talents God gave you, it's like a slap in the face."

That's a new one!!! 
She completely threw me off, I had no idea how to respond other than to say, "Uhmm, thanks!" then turn around and leave. 

Now that I have had time to digest the words, I can't wait to throw them back at her when she doesn't want to practice her violin. Oh how she is going to regret this one. 
Muahahaha!

No comments: