Monday, November 23, 2009

First Day of School...in Australia!


They only have 3 weeks left in the school year here, but we figured it at least gives them something to do until our air shipment gets here. The school year here runs with the calendar year. The kids are super excited about that because it means that they get to skip half of a year and go into the next grade level. I was surprised that they go more by age for grade placement than anything else, so this means that I have one kid in high school and another one there in January. Yikes! I don't know if I am ready for that. Guess it gets them out of the house sooner...LOL! I am liking the idea of them going year-round with the heat here. It will be good for them. I hope that they made some new friends and are enjoying their classes. Now it is time for me to find a job. Do you think that they will find it funny if I walk in and just say, "I am job?"


2 comments:

Slattery's said...

Oh..I love bucket hats. I think they all look great, and Sierra looks super cute! ;) Just think how easy mornings will be...wish we had uniforms so I would never hear..."I don't have anything to wear."

*Lissa* said...

How did they like it?? Is it a private school? Is it always hot there? Do you like all my questions? Two high-schoolers? Geezus. Good luck with that.