Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Trip to Thermopolis!!

"Tepee Fountain"
This structure, started in 1903, was created by piping hot mineral water through a vertical pipe built into a rock pyramid. As the water exits the top and flows over the structure, it cools and deposits travertine. The algae within the water colors the deposits.
I thought this looked like a face with a really runny nose.
This picture is really bad because I was really scared. I was in the car with the window rolled down when James pulled up next to this guy and he was literally close enough that I could have patted him on the head. I snapped the picture and told James to drive. I really didn't want to make him mad.
Doesn't Brooklyn look like she is having a blast?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like it was a beautiful trip. I love the pictures of your children. They are growing up so fast. Sorry I haven't commented on here forever. I've been away on a few trips. I hope you guys get to be together for Thanksgiving. Have a great one.