Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Announcement!

After much deliberation and with a heavy heart, I am announcing that I have chosen to withdraw from the nursing program. I found that I did not enjoy nursing like I thought that I would. I really enjoyed the lecture part but hated the clinical part. When we were in lab and preforming our skills on the dummies, I liked it and thought that it was something that I could do for the rest of my life. It became a whole new story when we got out into the clinical site and actually had to work with real, live, sick people. I feel like I gave it an honest try and I feel that this is the right decision. I do not regret my choice whatsoever. I will continue with my schooling; I just need to find a program that fits. James fully supports my decision. He has just told me that I must find a job until I decide what I want to be when I grow up. As if I could really just sit around the house all day. That would drive me crazy.

7 comments:

*Lissa* said...

I admire you for having the courage to decide it wasn't for you! I have the same problem of deciding what I want to be when I grow up! ;o)

James said...

But you have been sitting around the house for the last week!!!!

Slattery's said...

Hey cut her some slack...it's only been a week and I'm pretty sure she has been gettng dressed every day.

Tina Liverman said...

Wow, that must have really been a hard decision to come to. I hope that you find out your ture calling. It stinks being in limbo.

James said...

It depends on what you consider dressed!!!!!!

Peter and Myla said...

I think it's a great idea to change your plans now other wise you'll end up like me. Hoping you never have to work in the field you went into again!The health care fields always sound so great until you realize you see way more private parts then care to, get spattered with bodily fluids, and are reminded doctors aren't as wise as they pretend to be, on a daily bases.

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE being a nurse - but I know that this isn't a field for everyone. I hope that you will find something that makes you happy (and wealthy)!!!