Thursday, June 30, 2011

My BFF!

Last week I was looking for something to blog about when I stumbled across Mama Kat's blog again. If you have not been there, she hosts a weekly writer's workshop. Where she posts prompts that you can choose from and write your heart out. I had fun writing my summer bucket list so I decided to meander over there again and see what I could write about. I chose prompt 5: 

We often spend time and energy talking about people in our lives we don’t see enough of. Describe a person in your life you are in contact with often. What do they mean to you?

Instantly I though, "I will write about ME!" I mean what better person to write about me than me? I am with me ALL the time, even when I don't want to be with me I am with me. 


Then I thought I would write about someone equally as awesome. Someone I admire, respect and love. However, I realized that I don't actually KNOW Betty White and I am not in contact with her...anymore now with the restraining order and all.



On to my third choice...Not to worry, third times a charm right? Believe me this person truly is a charm. I am extremely blessed to have this woman in my life. She is my BFF! We met about 5 years ago. I remember her saying, "We're gonna be great friends, I just know it." She was right. Our families totally get along and have fun with each other too. How lucky is that?

I love that she is totally honest with me and doesn't judge me. She is always there to listen to me even if she has just worked her third 12 hour shift, taken a sleeping pill, and drifting off into a deep slumber. She offers advice, comfort, and a shoulder to cry on.

This woman is AMAZING! She is beautiful inside and out. She has taught me what a true friend really is. I can only hope to aspire to be the kind of friend to her as she is to me. I love you Minetta and miss having you just down the road. I wish for you the best of everything this world has to offer and hope that you and your family find happiness and peace with this new adventure that you are about to embark on.



2 comments:

Slattery's said...

Thanks for writing about me...but seriously what part of I cry every day are you trying to encourage? I miss you so much. Oh and that was the BEST picture you could find?

RedWriter said...

oooh I do so love Ms White too. :) Lovely post. x