Friday, September 25, 2009

Fudgy Coconut Cookies



I would have to say that these cookies are the next best thing to treating depression. Now that all of the closets are cleaned and organized, I have started baking. Not necessarily the best thing, but sure is tastey. I was surfing the internet for some good cookie recipes and I found this one here. I posted the original recipe, but I used milk chocolate chips instead of semisweet and I used semisweet chocolate chips instead of the bar style chocolate. I used my Pampered Chef medium scoop and ended up with 24 cookies instead of 18. If you try the recipe, I would like to know what you thought. Just leave me a comment. Enjoy!



12 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place chopped chocolate in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on medium 3 to 5 minutes or until almost melted. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth.

2. In small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder; stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in coconut and chocolate chips. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of batter onto baking sheets.

3. Bake, 1 sheet at a time, 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are set. (Be careful not to burn cookies because batter is dark.) Place baking sheet on wire rack; cool completely.
18 cookies

PER COOKIE: 210 calories, 11.5 g total fat (7.5 g saturated fat), 2 g protein, 28.5 g carbohydrate, 30 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 1.5 g fiber

1 comment:

Mindi said...

Those look so good. I'll have to give them a try!